Wednesday, May 30, 2007

snow fight


Today was quite the venture. Dave took us out to the ocean just to give us a feel for what we will have to endure out in the field. This was to be quite the expedition, so like any good amature I over layered and threw on my rubber boots. You would think being out here there would be a problem keeping warm but I'm afraid that isn't the case here. Aside from the little things, walking over the ocean was refreshing. Evey here and there your foot would plop down in the water through the ice. It wasn't like life threatening or anything just slowed you down. After about 40 min of walking around we came to this large hill of snow, this would soon turn out to be the most epic battle of our time...




Me and Santanu began making a snowman like little kids you know. Amorita and Pete were down the shore next to a pool of water just checking it out, while Dave was fiddling around with the GPS. So while we were making the abominable snow man it was just natural to begin chucking snow balls at people. So of course everyone began tossing snow back and forth, returnig to the kid inside. I had made my way up the hill of snow, purely for adventurous purposes then found it to be quite the advantage point from which I could smite my foes. We exchanged blow after blow until everyone got tired. After we walked along the beach some more then headed back to the station for the night and for some reason I had the munchies so I grabbed some cake with a coke and chips to tuck me in for the night.

No comments: