Tuesday, May 29, 2007

ok ok

Today was fairly eventful , I got to catch up on my blogging and just need to do today. But this ain't just any blogging, its cut throat competition. It seems the thing to do here in the lab is blog and every time someone takes a picture its bloggerific

Today was great because it doesn't matter what time you get up, the sun will always be shinning the same, so the procrastinator always has enough light to get the job done. Anywho I learned a very important lesson today...never get a big plate in the cafeteria, because the server will pile high in all directions regardless of reason. I also came to learn the food isn't quite that tasty but good enough to scarf down.

I could really eat some chicos right about now...

We ventured off to the grocery store to pick up some goodies for our tummies. Walking in we there was a local artist selling small sketches of whales and Eskimos (which by the way I got to try blubber today and you could call it zesty sushi). In the store there was a diversity* of stuff ranging from snowmobiles to diapers. We grabbed fruit, granola bars, and a small monkey...we didn't but I like to think we did. Their winter stuff was really cheap but really bad cause they didn't have my size. afterwards we took a mini adventure into the arctic which was just like half way to where one of our sites is located. Along most of the roads or the town in general you'll see these snow fences, and their purpose block snow. Yes its a pretty straight forward concept but it works. You'll see mounds of snow on both sides and the effect is really noted where the fence ends and there is a thicker layer of snow everywhere. We pranced around a bit until it got too cold and headed back to the station.


Everyday we go or do something new, like today was the store and going to the gym. The gym is about a 2 min walk from the lab just down the road. It doubles as a gym and a weight room. It was actually very neat because there was so many things to be distracted with: ping pong, weights, basketball, climbing stuff, soccer, table soccer, air hockey, punching bag, and just bunches of fun. We were there for like 2 hours running from one thing to the next like little kids but seeing as how I haven't been to the gym in ages, my body will thank me properly in the morning.


sloppy sloppy sleepy sleepy...damn i have no sense of time at all.

Being a procrastinator I should have known this blog thing was a bad idea from the start

oh and to the right thats me being all tuff like arnold my idol. he he

ok time to turn in for the night---^_^

oh and just so you know i am here-------------->

No comments: