Monday, July 9, 2007

Write this here

note: pictures may or may not be relevant to text or anything for that :)
Hey,
Its been a while since me and my blog got together, so lets see whats been going on around these parts.

I've really been enjoying myself thus far, and have gotten used to the work here. Cause you know work is work wherever you go, you get your job done and nuff said, your off to enjoy the day ahead. Like the other day, It was the 4th of July i think, me, Mai, Jason, the IT guys and some other people headed out to the point (i.e. Americas mohawk) to finish off the day. We checkout several ATVs from the warehouse and headed off to the point. Like Amelie I enjoy various parts of life, like riding an ATV with the wind and dust crystallizing my hair along the way. From the shore you could see the sea ice out in the distance holding the waves back just enough for us to enjoy the moment of a silent sea. I laid down on the gravel right before the water and admired the sky, while listening to everyone else walk along the coast enjoying themselves just the same in their own way. I sat up and flicked pebbles into the water, enjoying each little splash of sound, fine tuning my technique along the way. Soon the water was my drum and the pebbles my stick and I was having a good day. There was much to be admired along the shore such as the small chunks of ice trying to rest upon the smooth pebbles, but they are too slow and sit steadily in the sea hoping for an opportunity to come by before they melt away. There was one in particular that was standing in tis tippy toe just long enough to be seen by another soul, then within minutes it sank down never to stand again. one more breath as the day was coming to a close, we hopped on the ATV to head back home, but not until one last dip in the water. Pants, shirt, socks, and underwear were scatted on the beach as I took the plunge into an unreasonably cold ocean, but I know I will hop in again, its just a matter of time.

Life here in the lab has been very amusing, there is always something going on in here such as Adrian lugging a rock several hundred miles to use as a plant presser, or the most famous phrase to be used here is "yo face". Yes this is obviously a very "mature" group of people, that somehow manage to keep each other in...the...sane.


My daily schedule has been to take soil moisture and thaw depth measurements every meter along the tram line, along with water table every 30m and water level every other day. Time is going by fast here, I wish it would slow down a little. The grass here has already began to reach to the sky. The insects now abound in annoying numbers, thats right I'm speaking to all you mosquitoes reading this blog, you better watch your back. Eggs are hatching and birds are flying, life is in the air most of all, ensuring we move forward.

Random things that have happened or need to be said:

Pluto is still a planet to me damn it!

yes there was shrinkage...


we have a moon?

The smirk of Dave still alludes me...

Sandra and Amorita will soon have a knife fight...stay tuned...maybe Adrian too

Storing food in the fridge is futile...but courageous is the one who tries...

Small trilobite-like creatures dominate the shore...

please tell me what these creatures actually are...

I miss my family...

cranes perch above my head...

there was a parade...

yes i will blog it later...



1 comment:

baboon0220 said...

it was probably an isopod of some sort some of them look a lot like trilobites.